Skip to main content

it feels just like yesterday.

so prom ended, surprisingly quite fun i may add.
wells, after fretting about for the right dress, right hair, right makeup, right shoes, right accessories, basically right everything, i realise prom was a little more than just that.
because simply it was the last.
and the power of the word last is bigger than what you perceived.
took photos and all with lots of people.
some are dear but i know i wont see after.
some are keepers and i know whom we will make an effort to see each other after.
some are friends for years and i know will continue for years after.
was watching the video on events in our jc life, and so many memories flew past my mind.
it was like seeing my life for the past two years flashing before my eyes except i wasnt going to die, obviously.
i wasnt kidding when i said i felt like crying, ha.
sometimes i think i'm too sentimental for my own good.

it felt just like yesterday
when i stepped into jj wondering if i made the right choice,
when i went to orientation and found something i never knew i had,
when we volunteered to go for the youth olympics bidding without knowing anything,
when i slowly grew accustomed to my pae class and when there's cling cling during breaks,
when i was caught in a dilemma of choices for subject combinations,
when i saw my new class and got disappointed,
when i step out and joined line 1 and met some amazing people,
when i braved through cdayl with the others(it was a whole load of sweat and tears and fun) and found someone new in me,
when we had late late dinner after camps with our long joint tables at kopitam and mass dance under the HDB blocks with barely audible songs (we were indeed having the camp high :D),
when i joined taekwondo last july, at a loss & lagging behind.
when i passed my first grading, & sparred for the first time.
when i was rushing to kept up with my school works,
when i was cursing project work late at night just like every other jc kid rushing their PI, WR or whatever due the day next,
when i went to macau with great companies and enjoyed myself tremendously,
when i survived tkd camp and night time horror movie every night.
when i got promoted and became a j2 (which was an unreal feeling till the j1 came in),
when our class size shrank.

it felt just like yesterday,
when i joined orientation 09(those whole day of painting way into the night, the satisfaction when the pd block banner went up, the feeling when i saw what i painted hanging in the hall, the preparation for the dance, hanging out with my family),
when i welcome the j1 in wondering if i'm doing things right,
when i met my campers wondering how i can bond them and let them enjoy themselves or make an impact maybe,
when camp ended and it was back to reality (teachers stressing, students worrying, lagging behind in school work),
when we trained so hard for the tkd comp,
when tears of failure fell, & when taeguek six won silver (the feeling still feels so fresh in my mind),
when i got to know my class a little better,
when there were endless tutorials and tests and time just didnt seem enough,
when there was countless consultations at the last lap and i got to know my teachers better too,
when it felt hopeless but i slowly saw the light,
when it was the last lap,
when we were all trying our hardest to survive the As,
when it was all over (too surreal a feeling),
when prom was the last.

i read that we are the masters of our destiny,
and that choices we made, make us today.

& i'm glad that i made some of my best decisions in my life and some not so good ones too.
but oh wells.
goodbye my jc life!
(provided that i dont repeat :x)
i enjoyed myself while i was at it. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late night thoughts

Sometimes as we rush to move forward, day by day passed and we forget to stop and take a look, to reflect and to feel. All in the name of Busy. I would say that this Friday's sickness came just at the right time as I forced myself to take a much needed break. A full 10 hours of sleep in a while now, having some me time albeit just to lay around in bed the whole day to watch shows. Catching up on conversations with friends I didn't realized I miss so dearly and reminiscing about good old times. It has been merely 5 months odd. Yet, when we talked about school, it feels like another lifetime away. Sometimes I hope that just for even one day, we can go back in time, walk in the corridors and stop to say hi to familiar faces. It's these little things I miss about school. Mostly the once familiar environment and the freedom.  That's not to say that work is a dreadful task. It's just that Work is like an all consuming entity that creeps up in your mind, occupy your life i...
"Where would you find your triumphs and minor setback? The personal confirmations that provide nourishment for the soul?" -The Last Good Man by A.J. Kazinski

#yolo

As I'm laying on my bed now, I try my best to not think about my trip tomorrow for fear that I may start panicking. Now that I think about it, I must have been crazy to book an air ticket to Europe two weeks before the flight. 5 weeks in Europe and less than 2 weeks of planning! What was I thinking? And we are only two girls. I didnt even thought about going to Europe after I came back from exchange since I was immensely broke. Well, but I have to say somewhere along the way someone planted that thought in my head. Even though I kept throwing it away and telling myself it's impossible, signs keep popping out and gave me the hope again. And indeed, somehow things that are bad started clicking together and turned for the better. It is like the universe wanted me to go. As always it's the pre trip jittery and I as usual is not prepared at all even under prepared this time. I always start off a trip with uncertainty and come back full of memories. Wish me luck this time round a...