Skip to main content

My Year 2010

heading out to batam for a short trip with F3 in a few hours.
i still remember clearly our kukup trip right at the beginning of this year.
now 2010 is almost over.
i wanted to do my reflection on 2010 but there's no time.
gna pack and blog abt 2010 when i'm back.

/edit:
alright let's play pretend and today is still 31st Dec 2010.
2010 was a gap year and i would say a life changing year for me.
one where we took the step and cross over to the adult territory.
the big break we had after 'A's was the first and probably the last we were told we will ever have in our life.
further such big break will only meant prominent and someone is desperately looking for a job. :/

in 2010,

I went to my first short trip with friends, kukkup with F3.
Went back for taekwondo training in school for a while and passed my grading to become blue tip.
Got my results, applied for university, pondered about my future paths, decided on one which sounded okay to me, very fortunately got into my first choice without any interview.
Worked in SIM, met a bunch of good lunch buddies and colleagues whom make work much more bearable.
Tried something new, picked up Latin Dancing as a new hobby.
Had an ultra naughty but cute tuition kid then lost the tuition kid.
Ended my work assignment in SIM, went on a job search, almost got duped and learnt a great lesson.
Got lucky and worked in Questex Asia, learnt a great deal, was treated like an adult and independent worker(they said i looked like 25?!), had a fabulous supervisor who dote and teach me a lot.
Went to iActs camp, met the Angry Birds, the camp wasn't my usual camp scene.
Feeling blessed with wonderful family, friends and colleagues, celebrated my birthday for what felt like a week-long celebration!
Ended my job in mid July, went to the place i dream of visiting since young, TAIWAN! Had an unbelievable and unforgettable trip completed with crazy but AWESOME travel buddies, unreal sceneries, delicious food and even our own episode of drama-mama.
back from taiwan, straight to camp UOC'10. Met Enzo , crazily enthusiastic and fierce people when it comes to winning the games, probably ran the most since i was born on the last day of Amazing Race, got closer to the E family after several outings.
Tried several new things with them, surfing at wavehouse and photoshoot.
Then it's say hello to university life, lots to learn and cultures to adapt, how to survive among the competitive course mates, fight the STARS war etc. thank goodness for helpful seniors.
Tried something new, went to salsa night, joined beginners class, went for audition, joined the school salsa performance team, met new salsa personality people, went for salsa camp and social night, got to know them better.
Joined UOC'11 maincomm as a programmer.
Went to lectures and tutorials with funny people, anticipated break times with fun tutorial mates, stayed over a few times in hall, had an entirely random and wild drinking session one week day night, tried to earn participation marks and tried to speak up more, chiong-ed projects especially marketing presentations with well yin-yang balanced group till 3am in school (the latest!).
Got a tuition gig for only 3 sessions.
Mugged with mugging mates, stressed over exams, went to two event jobs during study week(an award ceremony and a conference) , had my first exams in uni life.
Met a lot of new people, only managed to keep in close contact with some.
Year 1 Sem 1 over in a flash, followed by endless christmas celebrations, meetups, meeting and finally now. The Batam Trip with F3, 2011 gna be here!


2010 was a fabulous year, i tried numerous things i had never tried before including the most memorable taiwan trip.
i hope 2011 will be a great one too though it has a lot of catching up to do, what's with the dreamlike trip in 2010.

In 2011, i hope
I learn another new skill (prolly guitar)
get good grades, good GPA
able to go for exchange program, i.e both the academic and financial abilities
plan a good camp
have good health
build better relationships with family and friends
get a stable income source
be happy most of the time :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late night thoughts

Sometimes as we rush to move forward, day by day passed and we forget to stop and take a look, to reflect and to feel. All in the name of Busy. I would say that this Friday's sickness came just at the right time as I forced myself to take a much needed break. A full 10 hours of sleep in a while now, having some me time albeit just to lay around in bed the whole day to watch shows. Catching up on conversations with friends I didn't realized I miss so dearly and reminiscing about good old times. It has been merely 5 months odd. Yet, when we talked about school, it feels like another lifetime away. Sometimes I hope that just for even one day, we can go back in time, walk in the corridors and stop to say hi to familiar faces. It's these little things I miss about school. Mostly the once familiar environment and the freedom.  That's not to say that work is a dreadful task. It's just that Work is like an all consuming entity that creeps up in your mind, occupy your life i...
"Where would you find your triumphs and minor setback? The personal confirmations that provide nourishment for the soul?" -The Last Good Man by A.J. Kazinski

#yolo

As I'm laying on my bed now, I try my best to not think about my trip tomorrow for fear that I may start panicking. Now that I think about it, I must have been crazy to book an air ticket to Europe two weeks before the flight. 5 weeks in Europe and less than 2 weeks of planning! What was I thinking? And we are only two girls. I didnt even thought about going to Europe after I came back from exchange since I was immensely broke. Well, but I have to say somewhere along the way someone planted that thought in my head. Even though I kept throwing it away and telling myself it's impossible, signs keep popping out and gave me the hope again. And indeed, somehow things that are bad started clicking together and turned for the better. It is like the universe wanted me to go. As always it's the pre trip jittery and I as usual is not prepared at all even under prepared this time. I always start off a trip with uncertainty and come back full of memories. Wish me luck this time round a...